Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Web Comic: The value of the sexes

It really drives me nuts when people say what gender they think our baby is going to be and then depending on what I tell them, they say we have to have more kids because they think we need to have a boy or a girl. Obviously this comic was created out of that frustration. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but really, why does it matter if we are having a boy or a girl and whose business is it how many of either sex we have? They make it sound like our life will be over if we don't have a girl next but honestly I am happy with two boys. Plus it totally devalues the baby that is growing inside me when they find out that he is a boy.  I get this response alot from women which is extra rude because they should just be supportive regardless. My husband gets comments like "alright man, you're a boy-maker!" Well guess what, I am a boy-maker too so how about some credit. In King Henry VIII's day I would be a superstar.

It is kind of like when there is food at a party and some people just won't leave you alone until you try it like you are missing out on the best thing ever made in life. I want to say "Really, that gross mayo clam dip will make me gag, you go ahead, I'm not missing out on anything other than gastrointestinal distress." 

(This was not a sponsored post. This comic is our copyright. Please contact us if you would like to use our comics.)

No comments:

Post a Comment